27 February 2007

Another review of Tehanu

I occasionally scan posts over at Mirkwood, and today I stumbled over a much more detailed review of Tehanu than the one I posted. I should mention that the review contains some spoilers, but I agree with it wholeheartedly. The problem is not the feminism. The problem is that the feminism is stuffed down your throat with a molten axe. Hmmm... if the permalink won't load, the entry is on 8 February. I got the main site to load no problem (first link) but the permalink did a few odd things.

Lifewise, I've got every class taking a test on Friday. Oh joy. Grading galore. Still, I might be able to get some of them graded that day. My foot problems have largely been better lately, but I noticed something odd yesterday. They hadn't bothered me much at all over the weekend, and all through the weekend I got the full complement of 6 of my multivitamin taken (3 with lunch, 3 with dinner). Yesterday I only wound up taking the 3 at dinner and I felt the difference in my feet. Majorly. My best guess is it's the B6, but there are roughly 40 different nutrients in that multivitamin. I am SO ready to finish that bottle and switch to the other. Increased amounts of almost everything in TWO pills instead of six. The decreases are in calcium and magnesium, mainly, and those I take separately anyway.

Oh, and it's still snowy here. Which is odd. Usually snow this time of year melts off the next day. Prediction says snow all week, though. I'm not complaining, just surprised. Oh, and my dad is now practically blind. I don't know what it's going to take for him to go in and get his damned cataracts operated on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting Mirkwood, Qalmlea. I had heard murmurs about Tehanu being different from the earlier Earthsea books, and it wasn't until I was halfway through that the difference started bothering me. It is still a fine read, though, and I am eagerly awaiting the chance to read The Other Wind.

The permalink that you have used works just fine. I couldn't, however, locate your thoughts on Tehanu. Could you give a link to that post?

Thanks.

Qalmlea said...

Sure. It was on 24 November of last year.

Oh, and I liked the Other Wind much better. I haven't made it through Tales from Earthsea yet.