24 November 2005

Must...find...something...else...to...bake...

Happy Thanksgiving!

(from someone who defies the studies claiming we tend to underestimate the amount of time tasks will take)

Okay, rolls are done. Cinnamon pull-aparts are done. Pumpkin seeds are toasting. Pie crust cookies are baking (half of them are; they didn't all fit on the pan). When I get the rest of the pie crust cookies in, I'll wash dishes and have everything clean except for the bowls/pans/plates holding the finished goods. Based on previous years, I expect Mom will get the turkey in late and we won't be eating until 13:00. I'm going to be close to three hours early... Hmmm... I need to get over there in time to get some rice cooking, so maybe this is about right after all.

2 comments:

John said...

I know the feeling. We were supposed to eat at 1600, but I had everything (turkey, potatoes, etc.) done a bit after 1400. Fortunately the guests showed up about 1500, so it was okay.

Qalmlea said...

In this case, it worked out pretty well. I got over to my grandma's house just in time to get the rice started, and it got done just as the turkey was getting done (Mom got it in the oven on time! Yay!). There was about an hour to kill in the interrum, so I went down and played with the electric piano. Double/Bubble from Prisoner of Azkaban sounds awfully good on bells+strings.