13 November 2005

Lazy Sunday

I finally picked up my book on auras and chakras again. Whether you think they're real or not, there is power in visualization, and the one I played with today was quite enjoyable. The idea is to shake loose your preconceptions, especially about people you're close to. So you visualize a picture of them (or some other representation) and place a "gift" on that visualization (the author has a thing for flowers; I don't). Then move the picture+gift away from you and blow it to smithereens. First, it's not the person you're blowing up: it's your expectations and baggage connected to that person. Second, I felt...free after playing with that visualization for a while. I went so far as to blow up the earth before quitting.

Oh, and check out the Astronomy Pic of the Day if you haven't already. You get to watch the moon go through a complete cycle. Awesome.

No comments: