14 November 2005

Here we go again

Well, Grandma is in the hospital again. So far, it's not serious. It's the Catch-22 of her kidneys: they don't filter the water out right, so her lungs fill up; but the medicine that would keep the water out is bad for her kidneys. Anyway, she was breathing easier this morning than she had been, and they plan to start dialysis tomorrow. I'm not sure how the Rahims talked her into dialysis, since before this she had stated that she would never do dialysis, but I'm glad that they did. Otherwise, I don't think she'd last more than a few more months.

In other news, I actually got my class's tests graded before class today, but didn't have time to record them. A few students came by after class to see what they got. I showed my taiji class an exercise that I just learned this weekend, called "The Phoenix". Take a horse stance (feet parallel, at least shoulder width). Shift all the weight to the right leg. Turn the left foot to ninety degrees, lift the toes. Bend down as far as you can (touching the toes if possible). Shift the weight to the left foot as you stand up. Shift back to the right foot and repeat. There's also stuff for the hands to do, but I don't feel like figuring out how to describe it at the moment.

No comments: