31 March 2007

Lily of the Valley


startled fox
valley lily
face to face

Okay, so it's an artificial fox. The picture still turned out nicely. I planted 10 lilies of the valley today, all from the same package. And, yes, one of them had bloomed inside the package. :^) I also found and planted another black raspberry and golden raspberry plant. The golden raspberry already has an abundance of leaves, while the black raspberry is just a stick. I figure this balances out the already planted ones, which are in reverse.

More good news: My peonies are aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive! I thought I'd lost them last summer. My neighbor's new cement driveway, I think, blocked a lot of their water source and so I should have watered them more, but I didn't realize there was a problem in time.

And last night I got all my mom's rose roots in the ground. They all had some new growth before planting, so hopefully they'll all make it. And now... I might see about digging out a place to put some more bulbs.

4 comments:

John said...

That fox is pretty cool. Where'd you get it?

Qalmlea said...

It was a gift, from either my mom or grandma, several years ago. But at the time I saw similar lawn ornaments at most of the major box-stores. At the moment, foxes don't seem to be in vogue. Lately, I've been seeing mostly frogs and angels at the big stores. *shrugs*

John said...

Frogs are cool. Angels? *shudder*

Qalmlea said...

Yeah, I prefer fairies to angels. But I don't care for the overly cutesy frogs, either. Not all of them are, but some are just...yech.