07 March 2007

Fichter's Poetry

I still haven't found a fix for the expand link appearing on every post. One does exist...and it probably involves an entirely different set of coding to make the expand work. Ah well. [Switched to the version where the post expands on the page.]

One last post regarding the Fichter trail. On each of the information posts, there's an excerpt from one of Fichter's poems. Some segments I've added into the Random quotes, but this one was too long and I couldn't think of a way to coherently break it into smaller pieces. So I'll post it here:

No wilderness of my remembered years
As sweetly sang to me
................as this possessive land -
The night-sad voices of its haunted winds
That only searching hearts can understand.
Too late I came to consummate a bond
With every sensous meaning
.......................of its perfumed air,
Its brooding slopes and secret valleys that
Will never feel my shadow moving there:
Too late for total being. Yet I know
These hills will never let me go.
................................Edson Fichter

And since the expand link will appear whether I want it to or not, you can find out how I recorded the poems below.


With my camera, of course! I just zoomed in on the poem on the guidepost, adjusted the focus a bit, and they all turned out legible, much to my surprise.

No comments: