07 March 2007

Excursion to Edson Fichter

Huh. I can't believe I got that working on the first try *knock on plastic laminated particle board* Anyway, I wandered over to Edson Fichter after completing my teaching duties. It's very warm here, at least 60°. When the wind was calm, I was tempted to take my jacket off. When the wind came up, though, I was glad to have it.

Anyway, the trail isn't fully paved. The area closest to the gate is, but the rest is either gravel or dirt. The "official" trails are gravel. There are some others that seem to go along the river there, or just to the river in some cases. Anyway, for the convenience of those with slow connections who don't want to wait for every picture in every post to load, I figured I'd work out how to do the fold-thingy. So click for pictures!

Here we have the gateway. There are a lot of guidepost signs with similar carvings. Some of fish or birds, at least one of trees.


This is some sort of tree or shrub that produces cones (or at least things that look like cones). I'll have to try and figure out what it might be later.


The next two are of the same tree. I'm still being lazy and not trying to figure out what it is, but it looks ready for Christmas, doesn't it? ;^)




































Here we have something odd attached to the first bridge. Looks like it's marked for certain water levels. It's also got lots of holes all over it. *shrugs*


Next up, cockleburrs! (Note: while there is a plant called the "cockleburr" plant, I call anything with stickery things remotely resembling these a cockleburr plant. I'm sure Pam would have a fit if she ever bothered to read my blog.)


Finally, a nice scenery shot of the Portneuf River.





1 comment:

Dean said...

Just saw your posting on the EFNA. I'm thrilled that people are enjoying the area. Our trail counter documented 37,466 visits in 2007!! Pretty cool. We have a few more improvements planned for 2008 as soon as we raise some more money.