09 October 2006

I Wanna Be a Part of It: New York, NY!

The package I referred to last week arrived in New York on Thursday. It's my first attempt to publish anything I've written. The submission guidelines say it may take up to 3 months to process a manuscript, so I figure 'round about the beginning of next year, I should be seeing my first rejection slip. :^) Yeah, I might luck out. Who knows. And the stamps I included on the SASE are pretty cool, so if nothing else I'll get to keep those if they return the manuscript. I wonder what happens to the SASE if they don't reject it...? *shrugs*

Also, this weekend, fun at flea markets.
There was a flea market advertised on signs all over town, and I decided to wander by on Saturday. Mostly it was a bunch of local antique stores with booths set up, but there was a book-seller from Twin Falls and some apparent independents. The book-seller also had some cool dish towels he'd brought back from Australia. Wrong material to be of any use as a dish towel, but the design was the perfect color to put in my yellow hallway. Also, I'm rather fond of Aboriginal art. :^D At some point, I may try to stretch it over a bit of cardboard and find a better way to hang it up. The pushpins work, but they're not the most attractive things in the world.

2 comments:

kate said...

Is that a web-footed ostrich?

I wasn't aware ostriches were indigenous to the Outback...

Qalmlea said...

Probably an emu. :^) They're not quite as tall as ostriches, and have a slightly less volatile temperament.