13 September 2006

Overflow

As it turns out, four cups (dry) beans, water to soak them, 29 oz. tomato sauce, 10 oz frozen corn, two pounds ground up dead cow, four bell peppers, two onions, and four small cloves of garlic are a bit too much for my large stewpot. After letting the beans cook down for nearly an hour, I was finally able to get all the hamburger/pepper/onion mixture in. It's less than a half inch from the top. On the bright side, the chili's going to be nice and thick and should provide meals for at least a week.:^)

The bamboo floor is in. It looks AWESOME (I might post a picture or two this weekend). I dragged a wicker chair up from the basement that thusfar had served mostly as a place to dump laundry and blankets. I also put one of my grandma's end tables in there. If it's going to stay where it currently is, I need another chair to balance things out. I got my fish "painting" hung up (using not-quite-velcro, oddly enough). I've got two potential tea-carts. One of them will go in as well. The rest I plan to leave open, as a space to practice taiji and/or yoga. I've got some shelves to put up to hold stuff, since I don't want any more furniture on the floor.

No comments: