07 September 2006

Not much to report

In between teaching, I've worked on a few small projects around the house. Also, the bamboo flooring is now sitting in the back room, waiting to be installed. Monday that room will be nearly ready to use. It will need a few paint touchups, and I may or may not have the curtains hung up by then. Ah yes. The curtains.

On Saturday, my mom and I wandered in IF. The only substantial thing that I found was a print of an Asian style painting of some fish. Gorgeous, with reddish orange fish and a washed in blue background. I wasn't sure how it would look in the back room, but it looks awesome. So then this week when I found some white curtains on clearance at Fred Meyer, I bought enough for the windows and decided to dye them a light blue. Despite using only one packet, they've turned out slightly darker than I wanted, but I think they'll still work. Also, one window faces directly west. When the curtain there sun fades a bit, I'll switch it with the other to let it fade.

I also wound up buying a new frame for my bed. When my mom moved over to Grandma's house, I wound up with a full headboard and footboard. Problem is that my bed is queen size. For the headboard, I just attached a board (from the original full bed) to the bedframe and attached the headboard to that. No problem. The problem was that the frame did NOT have a footboard attachment. After staring at it and trying to come up with a reasonable way to extend the frame out, I gave up, and bought a frame with the appropriate connections. I haven't got the footboard attached yet, but I THINK I can just use two-by-fours attached to the frame and L-brackets to attach those to the footboard. Sure, I could go with a board across again, but any bolts I put through the footboard will show. Those through the headboard are nicely hidden.

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are doing so many great things to your house, do you own it? That was a lot of "much" you reported in this "Not much to report" blog.

Qalmlea said...

:^) I suppose it was. Yeah, I own my house. I've been gradually working to fix it up and make it my own (since it was nearly 100% white when I bought it). My inheritance from my grandma has allowed me to do a lot more stuff at once than I could previously.