20 April 2007

Maundering

There was a symphony concert on Wednesday. It was very much a family thing, as the two soloists were offspring of the director, and the first three pieces were composed by the director. Verdict? Eh... They were okay. Parts of them were very, very nicely done. I liked the piece for the horn soloist the best. The concert finished with Dvorak's New World Symphony. Yes, there's supposed to be an accent mark in Dvorak. Imagine that it's invisible, okay? I'm not up to figuring out where it goes and which alt-#### combo will put it in.

Right. So. I'm tired. And forgot to mention that I absolutely loved the New World Symphony. After the concert, I was too keyed up to sleep, and wound up going to bed around midnight, and getting less than six hours of sleep. This was okay for one night, but then I couldn't sleep Thursday either. So while all cylinders are currently firing, they're running at maybe 30% efficiency or less. Food helped. So did a nap. Caffeine makes it worse, since as soon as it wears off I just want to crash.

Random news. Gottschalk's flip-flops again. They started as a clothing store, died, resurrected as a furniture store, and now they're returning to clothing. Is this a typical life cycle for a Gottschalk's store, I wonder? Hancock fabrics, meanwhile, is in its death throes. Everything must go! The dollar-five store by Fred Meyer has *GASP!* things that cost more than a dollar-five now. Looks like the type of stuff that I normally see at Westwood Discount (i.e. past-clearance items).

Dovienya is relaxing a bit. She still gets anxious when I close the door, but not desperately so. The catnip scratching toy I bought her might have helped a mite with that. Okay...and I can't tell how coherent I am so I'll stop here. Night.

No comments: