21 November 2006

Trading Books for Pumpkins

Long about last summer, Fibonacci sent some books back to Idaho with me. The plan was that one of his family who commutes between Twin Falls and Pocatello would pick them up. Never happened. So today I took them down myself (dropping off a few other things as well), and spent a lovely day catching up. There's also a nice Thai place in Twin Falls, but they make their Thai iced tea waaaaay too sweet. At least if it's not sweet enough (like at Chang's in Pocatello) I can ADD sweetener. Ah well. The food was good.

And Aunt Bee told me about a natural foods store, so I stopped off before heading back to Pocatello. They didn't have too much that I needed, though they do carry Enjoy Life chocolate chips (gluten, soy and dairy free). However they did have pumpkins. I have never understood why stores get rid of all their pumpkins so that there are none left by Thanksgiving. That's just when I need one to make pies with! And, yes, I could get one around Halloween, but I'm usually not thinking about it then. At any rate, I now have a full size pumpkin, plus the itty bitty ones that were all Mom and I could find in town.

Oh yes. It was windy on the way back. Which I rather enjoy in daylight, but it freaks me out at night. Especially when I'm surrounded by lots of traffic.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad you made it back safely. I hate driving in bad weather at night too.

It was a very good day, I am glad you were able to come down, and that you found pumpkins for your pies! I have thought the same about pumpkin. Its usefulness does not begin and end with Jack 'O Lanterns!

Those packages are intriguing, I must say...

Qalmlea said...

*shrugs* I'm okay with wind during the day. I don't mind fog, snow or rain at night, unless it's extremely severe. Wind and night...those I don't like. Not sure why, since I can't see the wind coming during the day, either.