10 November 2006

Random Friday Quiz

Well, not completely random. I found it on Pharyngula. However, it was fairly straight-forward, and, hey, Idaho IS in the West. Not being a linguist, I can't vouch for its overall accuracy. :^D

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland

Boston

North Central

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The South

The Northeast

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

5 comments:

beepbeepitsme said...

I did this test too. Apparently, I come from Philadelphia, which is interesting as I am an australian. ;)

Qalmlea said...

LOL. I wouldn't have guessed that the closest US accent would be Philadelphian. Not sure what I WOULD have guessed though. :^D

Anonymous said...

I see that the graphic doesn't look right on your blog either. I had that problem with all three quizzes that I took from this site. It must not like Blogger or something. I just cut and pasted the text.

Qalmlea said...

Yeah... I just left it, mainly to show the possible results. I did find one blogger blog where it looked slightly better, but the number bars still weren't showing up. *shrugs*

Qalmlea said...

Bizarre... the graphics show up in IE, but they sure haven't been in Mozilla!