17 September 2009

Weird Days

I've got a somewhat bizarre schedule this semester, and it's wreaking havoc with my sense of time. On Monday and Wednesday, I'm on campus for almost 12 hours: 7:30 a.m. to about 7:00 pm. On Tuesday and Thursday, I'm on campus for three hours (not counting taiji). This has led to me thinking of Monday and Tuesday as a single unit that ends Tuesday before noon, and that whole unit becomes "Monday," while "Wednesday" starts then and goes until Thursday before noon, at which point it becomes "Friday." It's a bit surreal, in point of fact, especially when it's still technically Wednesday and I keep thinking that "tomorrow" is Friday.

D&D has contributed a bit to this, at least when it's on Monday night. I drink yerba maté so that I have enough energy to play as a non-zombie, and while it's not strong enough to keep me from sleeping, it doesn't fully wear off until noon of the next day. This contributes to the feel of Monday through Tuesday noon being a single unit. Not much I can do about it except remind myself every so often what the actual day of the week is. *shrugs*

No comments: