10 June 2009

Visitor


dancing, darting wings
sail through raspberry blossoms:
humming and hov'ring




When I went out to get Princess back inside this afternoon, there was a hummingbird happily pollinating my raspberries. I don't think I've ever seen a hummingbird in this yard. We used to get them once in a while at my dad's house. I stayed still, watching it for a while. Then it darted up into the elm tree, perched for approximately five seconds, and flew off over the house.

The picture is of a hummingbird seen in Idaho (here's the source), and I seem to vaguely remember that there aren't very many species of hummingbird that make it this far north, so there's a decent chance that it's the same species. The colors look about right. It was not one with spectacular coloration, but it was gorgeous all the same.

1 comment:

Vincent Griffin said...

Lovely blog you hhave here