18 December 2006

High Points

Just as proof that I'm feeling better, there was plenty of good stuff that happened this weekend. I had another solo taiji lesson. On the one hand, it's nice to hear that I'm improving. On the other hand, it sort of freaks me out when Don says I might be close to getting better than he is. At the form, anyway. I'm nowhere near his level in push hands.

Yesterday morning, I had to turn pages for my mom at church. I don't mind so much on the Christmas Cantata service. There's no time for a long sermon, so it's mostly just music. Also, none of the songs in the cantata annoyed me this year. They were all enjoyable to listen to (largely based on familiar Christmas carols).

Then yesterday afternoon, Fibonacci was in town and we test-ran his game again (with another of his Pocatello friends). It runs more smoothly than the other time I played, and the new creatures DO fit on the tiles much more easily. :^D We didn't have time to finish it, as the portal pieces wound up scattered clear across the board, and just as we had a shot to get the earth portal back where we could reach it...one of the monsters summoned it to a new tile. If we'd had time to go into level 3, there was a good chance we could have finished it. Three of the portal pieces were locked together. It was just earth that was giving us trouble.

And I'm now mostly done wrapping Christmas presents. I haven't had to make too many boxes this year. I've got at least two to do, and I made some that were already delivered over Thanksgiving Break, but mostly things have been too big. I will post pictures of those that DO get made (including the ones already delivered) eventually.

My Tibetan mala broke its string yesterday, so I restrung it this morning. I used a thicker string than the one it came on, which meant I had to widen some of the holes. The beads were wooden, so this was easily done with a nail. Also, coating the end of the string in melted wax helps.

As for the rest of today, my medically-challenged student is supposed to come in and take her final, so I need to get going. I'm hoping to make it to Lava Hot Springs this week. The stores I like there have a Pocatello outlet (Purple Moon), but the ones in Lava usually have better selection.

So let me emphasize: I'm FINE now. The ginger seems to be 90% worn off, and I will make sure to EAT something at every meal.

No comments: